Subaru and the Environment Serving San Francisco, CA

Subaru and the Environment Serving San Francisco, California
Subaru and the Environment

Subaru of America recognizes that as a manufacture it has a great responsibility to the environment, which is why they have become dedicated to becoming one with the environment and partnering with earth-friendly organizations to help preserve our planet. From creating green PZEV and highly fuel efficient vehicles, to building an entire wildlife habitat in the backyard of the Subaru of Indiana Automotive Manufacturing Plant, Subaru demonstrates its dedication to the environment in everything they do. Search for PZEV Subaru Vehicles in Carlsen Subaru's New Car Inventory, as well as Carlsen Subaru's Pre-Owned Inventory.

"Zero Landfill" Automotive Production Facility

In 2004 the Subaru of Indiana Automotive Manufacturing Plant (SIA) became the first automotive assembly facility to be designated "zero landfill". The entire manufacturing plant in Lafayette, Indiana recycles 99.3% of its excess and leftover steel, plastic, wood, glass, paper, and other materials. The remaining 0.7% is then shipped to Indianapolis, where it is incinerated in a waste-to-electricity power plant. What all this means is that in one day a single-family home produces more waste, than the SIA produces in an entire year.

National Wildlife Habitat

In 2003 Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. was proud to become the first automotive assembly facility to receive the designation as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. This facility's backyard has over 800 acres that are home to a number of birds and animals including white-tail deer, blue heron, red-tail hawks, Canadian geese, mallard ducks, beavers, coyotes, snapping turtles and the bald eagle.
Partial-Zero Emission Vehicles

Subaru has been offering Partial Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV) since 2003. Included are the Subaru Legacy, Outback, and Forester which are available for sale anywhere in the US as well as at Carlsen Subaru. These Subaru Partial Zero Emission Vehicles meet California's Super-Ultra-Low-Emission vehicle exhaust emission standard. And often gasoline vehicles meeting these standards can have emissions even lower than hybrid or alternative fuel vehicles.

Share the Love Garden

Subaru of America, Inc. partnered with the urban farm Greensgrow in 2001 to create a one-of-a-kind corporate initiative called the Subaru Share the Love Garden. The garden combats hunger in the region by donating to local food banks. The six 10 foot by 10 foot garden plots are located at the Subaru headquarters in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. They have been adopted by Subaru employee teams, and Greensgrow provides them with guidance and education on planting, maintaining, and harvesting the garden.

Carlsen Subaru

480 Veterans Blvd
Directions Redwood City, CA 94063

  • Sales: 650-365-6390
  • Service : (888) 704-8550
  • Parts: (877) 845-9249

Hours

  • Monday 09:00am - 07:00pm
  • Tuesday 09:00am - 07:00pm
  • Wednesday 09:00am - 07:00pm
  • Thursday 09:00am - 07:00pm
  • Friday 09:00am - 07:00pm
  • Saturday 09:00am - 06:00pm
  • Sunday 12:00pm - 05:00pm

Make an Inquiry

)
; ;